Health & Safety Program Manager
AgSafe Alberta is the Health and Safety Association for Agriculture in Alberta. We need your help to build our resources and support the farms and ranches we work with. As the Safety Manager you will develop programming, materials and training resources to help agricultural producers in Alberta to develop safety plans on their farms. You will also be available to assist producers with OHS investigations when requested.
In this role you may be required to work in varying conditions from office work, to delivering local workshops to being on-farm. Hours of work may be varied based on programming and support requirements. It will be important that you can confidently interact with producers, industry and government. You will be a key contributor to AgSafe Alberta’s programming efforts and should have excellent written and verbal communications skills. This role will require an understanding of OHS legislation and its application. You must be willing to accept a high level of responsibility, and to support the continued development of a safety culture in agriculture in Alberta.
· Acts as the AgSafe specialist for farm safety
· Provide leadership to develop, review, modify, and execute farm safety programs
· Deliver education and consultation to farms and ranches, working with current contract advisors.
· OHS support for farms and ranches during investigations
· Information sharing, analysis and collaboration with external organizations
· Other projects and duties as required
· Extensive experience in safety programming
· Experience in agriculture
· Degree or diploma in a relevant discipline
· CRSP or CHSC designation preferred
· 3-5 years of related safety experience
· Able to present to large groups at all levels
· Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle for business purposes
· Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
This position will report to the Executive Director. A competitive compensation package will be offered. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be notified. Apply on Indeed with cover letter and resume:https://www.indeedjobs.com/agsafe-alberta/jobs/c8b7792698afcc4441c2
Competition closes January 31, 2020.